http://www.theiwh.com/

Monday 27 August 2012

Wishy washy.........




Soaked in the bright new world in the 70s
Blessed with love from one and sundry
Grew up soaking in the learning and fun at school
College was as cool…
Soaked in the career and the challenges that came by
Building it up with every passing day…..
Soaked in the new love, hopes, dreams and beauty
Together we got soaked for Life!
Two little bubbles added to the soaking
Life seems to be just Rocking!

But when it comes to clothes it should be soak no more… what a delight would that be!

Being a career woman and a mother, time is something that I am hard pressed always!  Mornings being the prime where I am ‘Jhansi ki Rani’ living upto my namesake!  Everything is clock work. Get out of bed and head to the kitchen.  Get the morning cuppa ready and fix breakfast and kid’s school Tiffin.  Get the kids out of bed, and get them to brush their pearly whites. While they sit and munch on the breakfast I take a quick round of the bathroom and soak the clothes that won’t go in the washing machine. Bathe the kids, get them ready and send them off to school.

That’s when I would head to the bathroom and attend to the clothes that have barely got enough time to soak.  I love washing my dresses; I don’t even trust the washing machine to do the job.  Then it’s time for me to head for office by 8.30 AM. Finally I take a deep breath after parking myself on my chair at work. That’s how the routine is each day. This may be familiar story to a whole lot of you.
Don’t you think life would be a bit different if we got a bit of bonus time in the morning? Say 30 minutes… It would certainly feel like winning Gold at the Olympics and basking in the glory of it forever. If there was a detergent that did the trick of not remaining in the bucket for 30 minutes, I would be 30 minutes faster!  What say?

I teach in a hotel management institute, where the second year syllabus has laundry operations. As a part of the introduction to the topic, I ask the students how they wash their clothes. They tell me that they soak the clothes in a bucket of water, adding some detergent to it and allowing it to rest for while. So many of them, specially the hostelers say that they end up keeping the clothes in the bucket for almost 5-6 hours at times even overnight. As at times they just don't have the patience to wait or at times they just forget that they had left the clothes to soak. I ask them what result they get, they tell me that there’s a typical stink to the clothes which is difficult to get rid of even after washing them all over again. After hearing their narrations in the class, I tell them the formulation of the detergents and the right technique for washing clothes. Once they get the logic behind using the detergent for washing clothes, the next part of the study on commercial laundering is covered with them.

If a detergent didn’t require soaking time, life would be so much easier for the homemakers, busy career women, the hostel residents and not to forget…. our friendly neighbourhood dhobi!

Umm Daag achhe hain............
So soak in the fun not just in a little bucket of water!



This post is written  for Indiblogger and Surf Excel Matic's -" #SoakNoMore" Contest

These pictures have been take from various websites, if anyone has an objection to their use here, they'll be promptly removed.

2 comments:

  1. Nice take on the theme...and yes, life becomes so much easier with such detergents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Panchali

    Thanks for Passing by yeah we women know what it means to get a few moments as bonus time!

    Regards,
    Laxmi

    ReplyDelete