http://www.theiwh.com/

Thursday 6 March 2014

Vande Mataram

Vande Mataram!
Hi! I haven't written anything in the past week, it has really been very hectic, now that's certainly not an excuse. Have been conducting full day training sessions, and ofcourse women's day celebration. I don't really believe in any women's day or men's day for that matter. It's all about the freedom of expression and being the person that one chooses to be. I am what I am because of the man in my life, he respects me and my choices and I do the same.

What makes me chant Vande Mataram today?
Bharajwaj Dayala the first Indian to go around the world on a motorcycle and who is attempting to do that again soon. I was writing about his project Dream Live, that'll use the social media and connect with people involving them as he embarks on his second world tour. Dream Live has shifted slightly to accommodate Vande Maataram, I shall write about it as we go along. Vande Mataram took me back to my own school days where we sang the national song as many times as the national anthem "Jana Gana". Beautiful memories of growing up years indeed.

A bit about our national song:

Vande Mataram, means   "I bow to thee, Mother" ,It is a hymn to the Mother Land taken from a poem by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay's 1882 novel Anandamath. Written in both Bengali and Sanskrit
It played a vital role in the Indian independence movement, first sung in a political context by Rabindranath Tagore at the 1896 session of the Indian National Congress. In 1950, post independence, when India became a republic, Only the first two verses (stanzas) were taken as  the national song. 

Vande Maataram..
Vande Maataram..
Sujalaam Sufalaam Malayaj SheetalaamSasyashyaamalaam MaataramVande 
Maataram.

Shubhrajyotsna Pulakit YaaminiimPhulla Kusumita Drumadal ShobhiniimSuhaasinim Sumadhura BhaashhinimSukhadaam VaradaamMaataram.. Vande Maataram


Meaning
Mother, I salute thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Dark fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.
Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I salute.

Up next: Vande Maatram, the bikers unite and ride across the country motivating everyone to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment