http://www.theiwh.com/

Wednesday 9 March 2016

My random thoughts on relationships.



I get a reminder from a follower of the blog that I hadn't written anything of late. I am just an emotional writer, I do it when I feel like and love to share happy, cheerful moments. This time I am certainly not following that trend but addressing something that affects all of us. 
Me being a person that most find approachable and share their worries or things that are bring in stress in their lives, I wish to bring that up today. I am no authority on the subject but have heard quite a few stories coming to me as the student counsellor and also the ladies who generally share those incidents with me. This was weighing on my mind and finally here its on the paper and on my blog! Some of you may not agree with me but its just a point of view.

I have lived almost four decades, seen and observed things around me; most of them happy, positive and optimistic but there are also things that deeply hurt me. Just the other day I met a couple of my friends in the ladies group. After the exchange of pleasantries and hugs we started catching up with each other. Something that really stayed on my mind was the personal relations that we shared, spouses, children, office and the friendship that we had. Relations are so tricky and absolutely difficult to understand.I remember a friend who was so dynamic, vivacious girl always leading the pack suddenly she had become just the opposite...I was wondering what must've happened to her self confidence? She displayed such poor self worth even amongst the girls she grew up with . We got talking and what I heard really saddened me. 

It's an irony that the more time we spend with an individual more flaws are we exposed to, somewhere we tend to overlook the better qualities that once were a part of that friendship or the relationship.Rather than this becoming a platform for understanding and improving what existed between individuals in a relationship, we unfortunately are looking for every opportunity that can pull the other person down. Infact the spouses are referred to as the better halves, essentially meaning that the other person is better than you. Isn't that a meaningful way to look at the significant other person in your life?        


Time should actually heal and seal the bond, its so unwarranted for when its just the contrary. 
When one needs to explain and prove all the time ....that's not a healthy relationship, where there is no open communication its a disaster in the making. An atom bomb ready to explode!. When one feels that he/ she is not a priority but just an option that's the biggest insult to the person's self esteem. It is said that we get just one life so why not make it the best that we can. One should live and not just exist, if something doesn't allow you to be who you are and what you value why not work out a solution.... giving up is certainly no way! 

Motto when it comes to relationships Let there be more comedy than drama!
Live as if there's no tomorrow! .... be your own cheerleader!

PS: Pictures are taken from Google for illustrations, with due credits, if anyone has any objection, kindly let me know they'll be removed promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment