http://www.theiwh.com/

Wednesday 13 February 2013

This valentine's....to all those Crushes!



 "Jidhar Apna Crush Hai, .... Udhar Pehle Se Hi Rush Hai" 

Everyone has that one person that they will always have something between but will never do anything about it.
Another walk down the memory lane... Oh! looks like I have done quite a bit of that of late!... Never mind heres another one for the Crush's sake.... Its Valentine season anyway!

(This is dedicated to all the women of my generation)

Yes, Valentines day is around the corner, its the season of love and expression of love. Let me just see where my love story started... or is it stories? Makes me think of all those men that I (women of my generation) desired, ... who meant the world to me (women of my generation)... yes I am talking about my crush(es)!

My first was AB... you are right Mr. Amitabh bachchan, I just loved watching him on screen, in fact saw a lot of his movies as my dad was a fan of his. I hated every woman who romanced him (onscreen)... including Rekha... big time! Even now I can't seem to like her any whatsoever way!! I was in the first grade then, there was a big competition for me from a classmate, who also happened to stay in the neighborhood. She'd say that she would get married to AB... you are right in guessing that I just couldn't stand that woman.... girl...(little girl) actually...we were 6 years old! Rightly so I haven't kept in touch with her!

When I was about 8, saw Elvis Presley on Doordarshan... he was oh ..so cool, that explained how hundreds of women would faint just looking at him perform on stage. I dreamt of meeting him one day! That day never saw the light....

This was the story for many years; then came "Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak", I guess we were in the 8th grade then. Aamir Khan was the 'Mass crush'... by now we girls had learn to handle competition and were okay to share our 'crush'. You see we had a common interest/ topic to talk about.We used to have his pictures (post cards) in our books... would have his posters in our rooms. 

Tom Cruise was the next guy we all fell for...his posters adorned the walls as well. Loved him in 'Cocktails' and every other movie, everytime he wore the aviators, the heart would skip a beat. (yes Aamir was there on the background, like comfort food!) 

Richard Gere would always appear to be that suave, dependable guy... oh we simply loved him. George Clooney made us fall in love with the salt and pepper! These guys portrayed the men who we'd eventually marry..... sad that they themselves couldn't remain married!

Just then Ricky Martin, came on the scene with 'Un Dos Tres' and we gave Aamir and Tom a break. Ricky was the guy each one of us wanted to dance with. We watched the Miss Universe contest (Sushmita Sen won the crown that year) but we all have Ricky's performance etched in our memories... can't recollect the contest though! We girls loved Shah Rukh Khan in Fauji... he'll always remain Abhi... to us. Wasim Akram bowled us over, some preferred Imran Khan though! Steve Waugh was the cricketer I simply loved, yes got to see him too but the sad part is while I was working at a hotel... so no autographs or photographs with him. He certainly is photographed in the memory!

Michael Bolton mesmerised us with his voice and So did Roberto Baggio with his skills on the field, Ayrton Senna was the God on the formula one circuit. Rahul Dravid -the Wall was / is still the best guy ...we look upto, infact every mother loves him. I just couldn't believe the world of what they spoke about Hensie Cronje.... But crush is a crush and it remains so! Spectacles would never look better on any other man than Daniel Vettori and no can can be as gentleman as Pete Sampras. We loved those men.....

Chhota mota crushes don't deserve a mention they lasted anywhere from a few minutes to probably a couple of months. 
Then came a man who made up for all those crushes.... and made me take the 'saath phere' with him.. Is he a crush?... ofcourse Not, He is the world to me!... my valentine for life!

Did I miss Akshay Kumar, the Khiladi guy and Bryan Adams remain my all time 'Crush' just like AB, Lots of them came and went by and I evolved with these three.

Apologies if I have missed out a few others.... you know its the thing of the heart so no logic is used... hope you understand!

Wishing all these men and everyone else a Very Happy Valentine's Day! 

PS

I'll keep with my promise of writing about Abhilash Tomy in my posts till he is back from his historic voyage.
(Abhilash Tomy is attempting to be the first Indian on a solo non stop unassisted circumnavigation of the globe)

This gentleman is the 'toast' of the season for sure for more than one reason. He celebrated his birthday this month and so did the Mhadei his boat turning 34 and 4 respectively. They have been celebrating the special moments together. Spending their time in the lap of the mighty oceans and sighting some spectacular views... dolphins in their element being just one of them!

To know more about Lt. Cdr Tomy and his boat the Mhadei, follow the link below.




8 comments:

  1. All one way traffic Madam....???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my friend, the one way traffic is known as the crush!

      Regards,

      Delete
  2. Hi, i would like to write a guest post on your blog. could you please help me in that regard. please contact me at diipkrana@gmail.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I don't understand blogging much not sure of what a guest post is. Apologies.

      Regards,

      Delete
  3. HI,
    WISH YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY..HAVE A GOOD ONE.NICE COLLECTION
    Regards
    kiran
    www.shopncool.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiran

      This is dedicated to the girls of my generation :)

      Regards,

      Delete
  4. Love seems to be sweet as years go by. Many times, memories are sweeter than real life! Well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sibi,

      Here real life is sweet as well :) had to write this as I see pics coming from different fan clubs, thought Valentine's was the time to write something on the crush bit.

      Regards,

      Delete