http://www.theiwh.com/

Friday 29 November 2013

The Blackberry Crush Yay!... all the way!!


I studied in a Hospitality Management college, Food and Beverage was one of the subjects. In the second year of the course we had to learn about alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. Covering all types of beers, to spirits and wines. We got to taste some of them, the class hardly got a spoonful of the drinks though. We were about 25 of us in a batch for the practicals. While learning cocktails we got to taste the ones that we made, got to have a bit more than the spoonful! I can't drink more than a glass of anything, not into spirits at all. But beers are fine. 

I liked the Goan cashew feni and the port wine, when we used them in one of the college fests. Feni with soda was my choice for the occasions that I felt like having a drink. Wines be it sparkling or red were the second on the list. I always loved the Canada Dry, an aerated drink it was good, probably I was the only one who bought that from the college canteen as it barely had 2-3 bottles in stock where crates of other aerated beverages would be there. 

This is an incident about ten years ago,  I was out with friends and they wanted wanted to have a drink they knew what I liked. So one of them told me that my choice wasn't there, learnt that Canada dry had actually dried! It wasn't in the market anymore. So a friend suggested that  I try the Bacardi Breezer. I knew what Bacardi was all about as much as I knew the Bacardi song! one of the best jingles of our times. Thats when I learnt about the Bacardi Breezer. I liked it. It was the classic taste and something that not just came close to my favourite drinks but surpassed them and has stayed ever since. 

So my connection with Breezer goes a long way, more than a decade now. It has improved over the years and new flavours are introduced. Among the flavours, I liked cranberry and now its Blackberry Crush for me. Its a bit sweet and tangy. A perfect combination of the ingredients, very little alcohol just 4.4 %, blackberry and sugar creating a well rounded and balanced flavour. The taste that I love and find really refreshing. As a drink have had it before meals, with meals or after  meals too in place of a dessert wine. 

All get togethers at my place have a good stock of Breezers. My co sisters who hadn't tried any alcoholic beverage before would just sit through sipping some aerated drink or  fruit juices, while our husbands would enjoy their scotch or rum. That was always the scene, I asked hubby to pick up the different flavours of the Breezer at one of  such get togethers at our place. I told the girls that I liked blackberry crush and told them how it tasted, there was pineapple, cranberry, lime and Jamaican passion to choose from. They had their reservations but when I told them that some cough syrups had about the same level of alcohol ,they tried the Breezer and liked them. Now they even know their favourite flavours. Cranberry and Jamaican passion are the next in demand after my Blackberry Crush. No matter what the men have we stick to our Breezer. They are a great drink to have at parties, barbecues or just as a drink at home.

When its just me and hubby having a quiet evening, some great music we ensure that Breezer is there with us. He then ditches his Scotch to have a Breezer with me.

This post has been written for 'Catch the flavour' contest on IndiBlogger in association with BreezerIndia.

2 comments:

  1. Very personal and well written.. really enjoyed reading...
    Wondering what you thought of my take on this contest :)
    It's here: http://crispingcanary.blogspot.com/2013/12/if-theres-paradise-what-will-it-be-like.html

    ReplyDelete