http://www.theiwh.com/

Thursday 27 August 2015

The story of a new venture Spectrum Academy


I am the one who writes and is more expressive than my husband... bottom line is I am the one who makes the noise!! Capt. Todiwan is a man of a few words. He believes in action rather than words. As a couple I am the one who starts an argument or a fight, I am also the one who'll then not talk and finally when I get sick of not talking to him, I am the person who starts the conversation again.

Capt. Todiwan has set up his Maritime, Hospitality and Travel academy with his partner Vibhor Rastogi and finally the work of 9 months have given birth to the brand new venture Spectrum Academy. I am an advisor to him whether he needs my advise or not. Like most wives I too think its my birth right to educate my husband on a lot of aspects. When the website was up I was the first outsider to see it and I noticed a word press blog attached with it and I was thrilled to read what my dear husband had written as I know him not writing anything long. When I write long emails to him he would reply with an SMS. You can understand my excitement! I have picked up both the posts and have shared them here. 
It gives me happiness all the way to the moon and back!

The first post!

The launch of Spectrum Academy

I have been a part of the maritime industry for over two decades. My job involved me travelling across the globe. Staying in hotels at the port of joining and also at cities I signed off from. Every country and every hotel group had something unique on their platter to offer to the discerning traveler or their guests as referred to in the hotel industry.  That always amused me and attracted my appreciation. When I got married to a hotelier, I learnt so much more about the hotels and the services that they offer.  It gave me another angle to look at things and understand them which used to unnoticed earlier. In fact my wife asked me for specific information and what to observe while I stayed at different hotels, I became a reporter to her. She said that information helped her in her classes and training sessions as she could speak about trends around the globe with specific examples. I was glad she liked what was sent to her.
When I got in touch with my partner Vibhor Rastogi, a Chef trainer and an entrepreneur. I shared with him what I intended to do and the vision that I carried. We clicked on the idea and that lead to the foundation of Spectrum Academy. Hospitality is something that you do from the heart. What really touches the guests is a service that’s good, personalized and that creates ‘Wow’ for him or her. At the academy we would like to share this passion and coach the new professionals that’ll help them take their careers on a fast forward mode. My core industry shipping also needs the finer nuances of hospitality; the shippies especially staff working in the galleys and dining areas also need to upgrade their skills in cookery, bakery, F and B Service and food presentation. At Spectrum we’ll be able to do that. We have designed a few courses and capsule modules that are in demand but not offered at colleges and large training institutes. I am sure this will certainly be of help to the budding professionals and the people who want to learn the basics or some finer nuances of the hospitality profession.
Welcome onboard,
Best Regards


Capt. Rajesh Todiwan

The second post!

Greetings of the day!
It’s my privilege to finally launch the Spectrum Academy website.  It gives us immense pleasure to welcome each one of you here. Partner Chef Vibhor and I intended to host the website and make it running last month itself, but I had to travel on work. It was a prestigious assignment and I had to take it up. It dealt with things that are close to my heart; training the seafarers. I was onboard a foreign vessel. The gist of the whole story is that the assignment was successful and I am happy with the outcome. Now that I am back at the academy and Vibhor has been putting the website together, we are ready to upload the website. We have tried our best to fulfill meaningful and necessary training needs of our valued clients and provide certifications at the same time we’d love to hear from you. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Do get in touch with us at the Spectrum Academy.
I thank all of you for visiting us and look forward to fruitful interactions and learning.

Welcome onboard,
Best Regards
Capt. Rajesh Todiwan

This is very special to me as I know my husband as a man, son, husband, father, master mariner, a true professional. Now I am getting to see another side of him the trainer and an entrepreneur. Wishing Spectrum Academy all the success.

Visit the website:
http://www.spectrumacademy.in/


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spectrum-Academy/1648112828742977?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment