http://www.theiwh.com/

Monday 10 February 2014

Countdown to Countdown - Day 20



Its Sunday! Trust everyone is having a great weekend. Today I was thinking let me take a break and not write a post, not much of research goes into the post that I write though.!My blog is called The Optimist Diary. Its always written as a diary, and since I am keeping an emotional account of the events leading to Dream Live, I have to express my thoughts even on a Sunday! My diary doesn't say what a tough day I have had, no maid so ended up cleaning a 2000 sq. ft area, washing machine felt like taking a day off so ended up with buckets full of clothes. Being a holiday, kids too want to have something nice! The diary has certainly found a Dream that I wish to explore and I am loving every bit of it. Its like doing something that makes me Happy!

I just had a chat with Bharadwaj Dayala,  the man is travelling and travelling big time. He is on a mission and I understand what he is doing. From 26th Of January where I met him in Mumbai. He had come down from Vizag. He went back to Vizag after finishing his work here, then headed to Delhi for the Auto expo. Now he is in Hyderabad already. Lots to be done before 1st of March and he doesn't leave anything to chance. As we were talking about super achievers yesterday. He is one for sure! 

I mentioned to him that all the running around that he is doing will certainly have its fruits and reward. To which he says once you achieve something no one sees what has gone into reaching there. I told him that's why I just felt like maintaining the diary. I am hopeful that when another person takes up something like this or for that matter when someone has a Goal to achieve, these can be some case studies. 

Success is sweeter when you have put in your best, have slogged to reach there, isn't it?
I am a hotelier, a professor and involved in learning and development. From my field I have read a couple of stories of the successful hotel chains. Anyone can say that the largest hotels around the world are Marriotts or Hiltons. If you look at their founders they had  very humble beginning. In fact John Willard Marriott studied till 8th standard and used to work as a newspaper boy. Today any country that you visit you'll find atleast one Marriott property if not more. So its just not your college degree thats going to make you realise your dream but the passion and systematic approach that you adapt for the project that you are aiming for. Closer home, Look at the Oberoi hotels, one of the best in the world. Raibahadur Mohun Singh Oberoi, worked as a clerk at the Shimla Hotel, went on to own that property and opened many more finest hotels around the world. He was given the title of Raibahadur by the government. Success certainly chooses those individuals who are prepared to receive her. That preparation is what everyone terms as giving ones sweat and blood.

Excellence is my minimum standard!

This is the mantra of all achievers. If you don't follow this, you'll never be there among the best! .You are worth what you think you deserve. Never stop believing in hope as miracles happen everyday. Infact Dayala, coined this statement to me, "Excellence is my minimum standard". He said that he is a very tough task master and people working with him think that he is unreasonable but that somehow brings out the best in them. I told him that I didn't have an inflated ego and that I can find the madness among the rest. Jokes apart, I am getting to know what dreams are made of and what goes into achieving them. 

Would love to hear your dream stories. A lot of us believe in the magic of that secret. 
Tell us your stories too and will share them with others, you never know when someone gets inspired and your story changes a life.

Follow #DreamLive to witness how dreams become reality. Bharadwaj Dayala, the first Indian to go around the world on a motorcycle, will show us how to live our own dreams by realising his dream of riding from Russia to South Africa in just 100 days starting with nothing.  He'll then help 12 to 24 passionate bikers to live their dream of riding in a foreign country by getting sponsors for them.

DreamLive: Dare to dream and care to achieve it.
https://www.facebook.com/BJsDreamLive

@letsdreamlive

No comments:

Post a Comment