http://www.theiwh.com/

Saturday 1 February 2014

#DreamLive - Who am I?

In my last post I spoke about Bharadwaj Dayala, the first Indian to go around the world alone on a motor cycle.  He achieved that feat in 2006/ 07, a lot of us had no clue about the man or his achievements, I tried to find as much information on him as was possible. I got an opportunity to speak to him, did  the post on him. I also spoke about his upcoming project DreamLive. DreamLive is going to be unique no one has thought about a thing like this, in the whole world. It'll be people's project, and they'll see the dream of touring around the world on a motor cycle that Dayala has visualised being realised in front of them. 

My post has found tremendous response people have read it and recommended it. Its still being shared and I am getting friend requests in 100s now,  mostly from bikers. This makes me introduce myself to the readers. As people may wonder whats my role in the project? Why am I writing about it? and a whole lot of other queries. 

Me

I am not a professional blogger, I don't do any paid writing either. I am a hospitality professional and a Professor. My expertise, if it can be called at all is Learning and Development , I earned my Masters is Training and Development. This is what I do and writing is just a way of expressing myself and connecting with people. I am married to a Master mariner Capt. Rajesh Todiwan, the best friend that I have he can read me like a book. I am a mother of two boys, yes they are growing up and I am learning new things from them each day. My hands are full, dancing around the different roles that I play like all the other women. I guess this tells a lot about me. I am certainly not a biker but I follow the passion and I connect well with people who have dreams, passions that they follow in life. Who aspire to achieve their goals and whose goals are not the conventional ones. Its equally satisfying to see others  realise their dreams.

I thought people need to know about me as they'll hear a lot more from us henceforth, as a part of team DreamLive. Dayala is an achiever but I am an unknown face in the crowd. Yes whatever little I have done in my life I am proud of who I am and what I have achieved. I shall connect with my readers and all the individuals who will hop on to team DreamLive, bikers, non bikers, youngsters, older people, dreamers, achievers and anyone who wants to be a part of this dream and watch it going live. I explained the project to Capt. Todiwan who is anyway going around the world on his chemical tanker, he liked it, he becomes the first fan as far as Dream Live for me is concerned. It shall be driven by people that's what we have visualised and we are hopeful that as planned it shall be launched on 1st Match 2014 and 100 days from then it'll take off with Dayala going on his second World tour.

Dream Live

Dream Live will engulf you and your time in the coming year. It's a Unique project, will connect to youth as well as the older people. Social media will be used in a big way and it shall be a Hit! The scale of the project is large and exciting. You are going to love it.

As Dr. Abdul Kalam says, " Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep".

People don't want to dream as it brings a lot of stress, is time consuming and is difficult to achieve but its never impossible. People who dream big are the ones who have the courage to go at them and make them a reality. Dreams are exciting, enriching and very fulfilling. Working towards achieving those dreams is the most satisfying experience. Its not just the destination but the journey becomes enjoyable. Dayala says when he preparing for a target be it a tour of India on his bike, climbing the mountain or doing the world tour, he hardly sleeps. He's working all the time and that gives him immense satisfaction.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created detective Sherlock Holmes, it was his dream creation. That dream grew very big and he became bigger than Sir Doyle. He thought of killing that character and did so but the readers didn't like it and he started losing them, he had to bring Sherlock Holmes back to life. The character had to be revived. That's what dreams are all about.

An individual needs to look far and wide, think how he can work on his dream, make a time line for the project and then see it reaching one milestone from another. Finally the desired goal or dream is achieved.

Dream Live shall be launched on 1st of March but we begin with the Countdown to the Countdown from today.

The next post will be 28- Count down begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment